CREATIVE COMPLIANCE WEEK ACTIVITIES – CELEBRATING ALL YEAR ROUND
In this episode of Creativity & Compliance, Tom Fox & Ronnie Feldman discuss the importance of Ethics & Compliance Week and how it can make an impact on the organization. This seems to be the one time of year where companies allow their programs to do something fun and interesting as way to draw attention to the program. If we believe that doing things that are fun and interesting help improve awareness and engagement, then why are we doing this only once a year!?! Tom and Ronnie discuss the benefits of integrating fun and interesting programming throughout the organization all year round to improve awareness, engagement and stickiness of learning…which has the residual effect of making your program more welcoming and approachable. Creative programming ideas are shared as well.
- Interactive Contests and Games
- Employee selfie videos saying an E&C slogan
- Writing new lyrics to songs about integrity
- Sharing a song about speaking up and asking employees to make a video lip syncing to it
- Share a video and ask employees to spot the problem and submit answers
- Scavenger hunts – put videos or trivia questions throughout your Code or Policy Portal and ask employees to find them.
- Two Truths & A Lie questions about policies.
- Talk Shows – Interview leaders about what integrity means to them. Insert top-10 lists and other late nite bits to jazz it up.
- Video Shorts – Share fun videos driving traffic back to policies and resources that are often ignored.
- Interactive Workshops – Offer activities, such as improv workshops, tying it back to important messaging, i.e. improving communication skills, finding confidence and your voice to speak up.
Entertainment is helpful! It drives engagement, awareness and stickiness of learning all the while making you and your team more welcoming and approachable. Ethics & Compliance’s main goal should be influence. Mixing in these fun activities makes it more likely that employees will feel comfortable seeking out your advice and support.
Ronnie Feldman is the President & Creative Director at Learnings & Entertainments, a learning content provider made up of comedians and entertainers with a focus on corporate risk. www.LearningsEntertainments.com