ALTERNATIVE FORMS OF COMPLIANCE EDUCATION COUNT
According to the HHS OIG
Ethics & Compliance education does not have to mean spending your time and resources on that boring, bloated, annual training. Yes, it’s easy to track, but we all know its ineffective. Employees fees like you’re wasting their time, checking a box and pushing liability onto them. It seeds the idea that it’s unimportant and negatively impacts your ability to influence behaviors.
- Posting video clips and driving traffic to policies and resources.
- Writing a regular column in the newsletter sharing stories & info.
- Playing commercials for compliance as part of regularly scheduled meetings.
- Sharing policy updates and FAQs on company communication channels.
- Nudge-learning, reminders and reinforcements are all good!
The goal is normalize ethics & compliance as an integral part of the entity’s culture. Short, entertaining communications & micro-learning helps!
SHORT + ENTERTAINING + FREQUENT= INFLUENCE & IMPACT
Ronnie Feldman, President & Creative Director, Learnings & Entertainments